Day hospitals across the world are transforming the surgical experience for millions of patients by providing them with a more convenient alternative to hospital-based surgery, achieving the highest quality standards and positive patient experiences cost-effectively.
Pittwater Day Surgery is a local Day hospital on the Northern Beaches and the benefits to the community are numerous. Listed below are some of the reasons why:
- High-Quality Services – Over the past 18 years, we have fulfilled our essential role in the delivery of world-class surgical services, meeting regulated healthcare standards and going above and beyond.
- Reputable Doctors – All our specialists are locally based, well regarded and have chosen to operate here at the Day Surgery to ensure all members of the community receive a high quality of care without having to travel far.
- Shorter Waiting Times – Admission time is scheduled 30 mins prior to your surgery so there is only a short waiting time for your treatment.
- State Of The Art Equipment – We are continuously replacing and upgrading our medical equipment to keep abreast of the latest techniques. Information Technology is also continuously updated to enable a more efficient booking and admissions procedures.
- Perfect Location– Our day surgery is open Monday to Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, which means you will have less travel time and minimal traffic. Patients are able to return to the comfort of their own home on the day of their surgery.
- Child-Friendly Facilities – For patients, especially children or the elderly, shorter exposure and personalised friendly atmosphere can reduce stress or anxiety that could be experienced in a larger hospital environment.
Pittwater Day Surgery Sydney offers an extensive range of services to the community, some of which are listed below:
Ear, Nose & Throat (E.N.T)
Pittwater Day Surgery and Northern Beaches ENT provides services that include Paediatric Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery, Nasal and Sinus Surgery, E.N.T Allergy investigation and treatment.
Gastroenterology focuses on diseases involving the gastrointestinal tract, specifically the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine and rectum, and the adjacent organs of digestion, the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas. Colonoscopy and gastroscopy are common procedures that are carried out in the Day Surgery. Venesection and Iron Infusions are also performed routinely.
An Ophthalmologist is a Medical Doctor who specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders. Cataract surgery is one of the more common procedures that Pittwater Day Surgery provides regularly.
Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery
Pittwater Day Surgery hosts experienced plastic and cosmetic surgeons. Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical speciality dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. Some of the routine procedures performed at the day surgery include: eyelid surgery, facelift and breast surgery, as well as the removal of lesions such as SCC, BCC and melanoma.
Specialising in women’s health, Pittwater Day Surgery provides care to women requiring treatment for gynaecological problems. Hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and curettage are procedures commonly performed in the Day Surgery.
Urology is a speciality that deals with the treatment of conditions involving the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. Pittwater Day Surgery has highly trained and experienced urologists who among other procedures, regularly perform vasectomies and circumcisions.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons are specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of disorders affecting the facial complex and skeleton, including the jaws and oral cavity. A common procedure carried out regularly at Pittwater Day Surgery would be the surgical removal of impacted or wisdom teeth.