Pittwater Day Surgery has been operating successfully from Suite 202 of 20 Bungan Street for the last 18 years. 20 Bungan St is the medical hub of Mona Vale. It currently has more than 50 Medical Specialists located in the building as well as Allied Health professionals.
We have operated on more than 18,000 patients since opening our doors and in 2018 we have launched our new facility on the original site. This facility is a purpose-built day Surgery Facility, fully licenced by NSW Health. It boasts 3 operating theatres with the latest equipment, one theatre for the specific use by the gastroenterologists for Endoscopy.
This facility has been ‘Built by Surgeons for the Community’.
Our focus is to continue to offer world class medical and surgical facilities to all of the local Northern Beaches community, from age 12 months through to the elderly at a convenient location.
Local residents are offered the convenience of Day Surgery in the Specialities of:
- Ophthalmology – including Cataract surgery, Eye lid Surgery and paediatric surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat – Grommets, Tonsillectomy, Adenoids, Septoplasty & Sinus Surgery
- Plastic / Cosmetic Surgery – Skin Cancers, Rhinoplasty, Breast surgery, face lifts
- Endoscopy – Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dental – Extraction of wisdom teeth, paediatric dentistry including tongue ties
- Gynaecology – Curettes, Laparoscopy, Biopsy
- General Surgery – Haemorrhoidectomy, Excision of lipomas, Umbilical hernias etc
The above list is not exhaustive, and many more procedures can be performed by the Specialist Surgeons if those procedures are suitable in a Day Surgery setting.