Ear, Nose & Throat (E.N.T)
Otorhinolaryngology, widely known as E.N.T, is a surgical sub specialty within medicine that deals with conditions of the ear, nose, and throat and related structures of the head and neck. Pittwater Day Surgery provides all branches of E.N.T Surgery, including Paediatric and Adult Ear Surgery, Nasal and Sinus Surgery, Tonsil and Adenoid Surgery, Facial Skin Flap Surgery, Rhinoplasty and E.N.T Allergy investigation and treatment.
The procedures available at our facility include:
- Insertion of Ventilation Tubes (Grommets)
- SMRITs (Submucous Resection Inferior Turbinates)
- FESS Surgery (Fenestrated Endoscopic Sinus Surgery)
- Rosen Graft
- Reduction of Fractured Nose
- Some other procedures also such as biopsies, micro ear etc
Most of our patients have General Anaesthetics due to the nature of the procedures. Occasionally patients may have Local Anaesthetic with or without sedation usually due to age factors or the medical condition of the patient. Some patients are prescribed antibiotics and pain relief medication to use at home home.