The urinary tract is the system that creates, stores, and removes urine from the body. Urology focuses on treating any part of this system. This includes the:
- kidneys, which are the organs that filter waste out of the blood to produce urine
- ureters, which are the tubes through which urine flows from the kidneys to the bladder
- bladder, which is the hollow sac that stores urine
- urethra, which is the tube through which urine travels from the bladder out of the body
- adrenal glands, which are the glands located on top of each kidney that release hormones
The team at Pittwater Day Surgery specialise in managing conditions of the urinary tract including cancers of the kidneys, bladder, prostate and testes. Urinary healthcare is integral for both men and women, our specialists providing medical solutions for all ages.